If you’re struggling with short, wide windows, don’t worry! There are many ways to dress them up and make them look great. With the right window treatments, you can transform your windows and improve your home’s overall appearance. Take a look at some of the options below.
White Wooden Blinds
If you’re looking to achieve a clean and modern look for your short, wide windows, white wooden blinds are an excellent choice. They look great against any wall color and add a touch of sophistication to your space. The best part? They’re easy to install and maintain.
Another option for dressing up short, wide windows is to hang curtains. Not only do they add an element of texture and color to your space, but they also provide additional insulation and light control. Depending on your taste, you can go for a minimalist look with sheer curtains or amp up the drama with thicker, bold-colored fabrics.
If you’re looking for a bit more privacy, shutters are a great option for your short, wide windows. They provide the perfect balance of privacy and natural light, and can be custom-designed to fit your exact window measurements. Plus, they add a timeless and stylish element to your home’s exterior.
Roman shades are an elegant and versatile option for short, wide windows. They offer a neat and streamlined look when raised, and when lowered, they provide privacy and light control. They’re perfect for smaller spaces and can be made in a wide variety of patterns and colors to match your decor.
Tips and Ideas
When considering window treatments for short, wide windows, keep these tips and ideas in mind:
- Choose light-colored window treatments to help make your space appear larger and brighter.
- Install your window treatments as high as possible to elongate your windows and make your ceilings appear taller.
- Layer your window treatments for added texture and dimension. For example, you could hang sheer curtains over solid-colored roman shades.
- Consider using tension rods to hang your window treatments if you don’t want to drill holes into your walls.
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match different window treatments for a unique and personalized look.
Now that you have an idea of the different window treatment options available for short, wide windows, here’s how to install them:
- Start by measuring the width and height of your windows. This will help you determine how much fabric or how many panels you’ll need.
- If you’re installing curtains or roman shades, mount your hardware brackets at least 2-3 inches above your window frame.
- If you’re installing shutters or blinds, measure and mark where your brackets will go before drilling holes into your walls.
- Once your hardware is in place, hang your window treatments and adjust them as needed to ensure a snug fit.
- For added privacy and light control, consider using blackout fabric or adding a liner to your curtains or shades.
- Finally, step back and admire your beautifully dressed short, wide windows!
With these tips and ideas, you can transform your short, wide windows into a stylish and functional element in your home. Whether you prefer blinds, curtains, or shades, there’s a window treatment solution out there for everyone.
If you are searching about Dressing wide short windows | Short window curtains, Window treatments you’ve visit to the right place. We have 7 Pictures about Dressing wide short windows | Short window curtains, Window treatments like Here's what to do with a wide short window. | Updating house, Home, House, Dressing wide short windows | Short window curtains, Window treatments and also bed under short, wide window, love how they used white wooden blinds to. Read more:
Dressing Wide Short Windows | Short Window Curtains, Window Treatments
window short curtains bedroom windows wide room living treatments google curtain houzz dressing merrill michael inc studio traditional small dots
What Contemporary Window Treatments Would You Suggest For A 70s Ranch
window treatments windows wide ranch contemporary remodeling these bookmark comment
Window Treatments For Short, Wide Windows? – Home Decorating & Design
basement coverings blinds
30+ Curtain Ideas For Wide Windows
√ Window Treatment Ideas For Short Wide Windows Cool – News Designfup
Bed Under Short, Wide Window, Love How They Used White Wooden Blinds To
window wide treatments bed curtains windows short bedroom small above blinds photobucket treatment coverings master shades cover curtain long room
Here's What To Do With A Wide Short Window. | Updating House, Home, House
30+ curtain ideas for wide windows. Basement coverings blinds. Window short curtains bedroom windows wide room living treatments google curtain houzz dressing merrill michael inc studio traditional small dots